- Light – provide at least 4 hours of direct sunlight.
- Location – outdoors (recommended), greenhouse or indoors on a North facing aspect.
- Watering – place pot in tray of water to keep soil wet. Use distilled water, reverse osmosis filtered water or rainwater.
- Dormancy – plant requires a rest or dormancy period during winter to regain energy for the growing season.
- Click here for simple instructions on how to plant your rhizomes to give your plants the best start.
- Only bare rooted rhizomes (stems) are shipped in the mail.
- Rhizomes are selected from the most mature parent plant at time of order.
- All plants are grown outdoors all year round.
Peat Moss (Potting Medium)
Need peat moss with your purchased stem? Premium peat moss blend can be purchased from the online shop. Click here for details.
This product can also be purchased as a pot plant for $40 (pick-up only). The plants are potted in 140 mm high plastic growing pots. There are 2 methods of purchasing pot plants.
- Nursery visit
- Contactless purchase.
Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a nursery visit.
This involves transferring payment into my account before picking up your pot plant at the nursery at your convenient time. Email me at: email@example.com to confirm your order. I will then email you back to confirm total cost of order, my account details and a date/ time for pick-up. Once I receive payment I will place your pot plant outside my house for collection. Click here for more info about pick-up purchases.
Advantages of purchasing pot plants:
- There is little to no stress on the plants as there is no re-potting involved.
- Usually there is a miniature garden in the form of moss and smaller carnivorous plants around the base of the main plant.